[fpc-pascal] I found FPC v0.2 source code :-)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 10:05:05 CET 2012

On 30 January 2012 10:54, Mark Morgan Lloyd  wrote:

> People who repair things are a dying breed.

I fully agree.  Totally off-topic, but anybody here know of a course
or books one could buy on basic electronic repairs. Thinking in lines
of PSU etc to start with. I've been long wanting to enter this as a
hobby project of mine, but I have no idea where to start. I am so
stick of buying new PSU or other power adapters, when there is
probably a good chance it could have be repaired in a few minutes
(only if I knew how).

I remember 8 years ago, my laptop charger had a worn wire. You had to
wiggle the wire before the laptop would charge. I search high and low
in the UK for somebody that could simply replace the cable. Nobody
wanted to touch it! Eventually I bought a soldering iron, cut out the
broken part of the wire and fixed it myself. It's ridiculous that
nobody wants to repair things any more.

  - Graeme -