[fpc-pascal] libQT4Pas - Why it is needed?

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 07:55:35 CET 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM, Lars <noreply at z505.com> wrote:
> Do other languages like python use the plain c interface, or C++?
>
> how about something like ruby, lua, objective C, php ..

No idea, but Python, ruby, lua and php do not generate real programs
but instead are just scripts which run in a interpreter, which is
immensely different from a real program.

A more close comparison to Pascal might be asking what Fortran, Cobol,
Ada or other similar compiled languages do, and I think that all of
those would need a C interface.

I know very well Java due to Android work, which cannot bind to
anything directly. It requires a special format using plain procedures
in a special way, so it is like a C interface, or a plan Pascal
procedural interface. It is called JNI and it will never accept C++

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho