[fpc-pascal] I found FPC v0.2 source code :-)

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Mon Jan 30 03:31:41 CET 2012

On 1/29/2012 17:41, Lars wrote:
> Anything that has Capacitors in it which use wet electrolytic, can dry out
> with age. Old stereos that crackle when you turn up the volume are an
> example.  In motherboards though it seems it's more a problem that
> capacitors blow up and bulge out which is probably from usage rather than
> idle age.

speaking as a hardware man, these components are easily replaced... in many
cases, if the board's traces are damaged, they, too, can be repaired... i am
still replacing capacitors on boards from that old problem where capacitors were
purchased from manufacturers that fell to the capacitor espionage situation of
some, what?, 15 years ago?