[fpc-pascal] FCL-STL's TVector<T> and removing of elements

Kornel Kisielewicz kornel.kisielewicz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 21:51:25 CET 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 28.01.2012 20:10, Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
>> Woah, where is that unit from?
>

> It's part of FPC's packages in 2.7.1 (package fcl-stl). They also compile in
> 2.6.0 if you download their source.

I just wondered because I once did the same - a partial STL port to
FPC, with (maximum possible for that moment) C++03 Standard
compatibility. Gave up when some of the more interesting features
based on Iterators and Function objects proved to be impossible to
port.

I've looked at the implementation and it looks pretty primitive for
being a part of FCL (not to mention that it's not even trying to
follow the Standard). The FGL unit generics are much better designed
and robust.

--
regards,
Kornel Kisielewicz