[fpc-pascal] IPTables log parser?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Jan 19 11:10:03 CET 2012

Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I noticed ik has started a project to manipulate Linux iptables firewall
> rules... which got me thinking.
>
> Is there any FreePascal/Delphi code lying around to parse IPtables log
> output (e.g. in the /var/log/messages syslog file), e.g. into CSV format?

Not when I last looked, but that wasn't recent. I presume you're aware
of logging via ulogd, which at least helps split things out a bit.

One marginally-related thing is visualising iptables' connection
tracking using Doomcube, that could be improved enormously using an
Elite-style display.

[Grumble] Command-line handling of iptables can be irritating since
setting up a rule doesn't give you a unique tag you can use to delete
it. I've had a situation in the past where I no longer knew the
addresses etc. when it came to tearing a rule down, which caused problems.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk