[fpc-pascal] procedure variable and inc/dec procedures

ik idokan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 22:47:04 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to do the following:

---------
var
  a : procedure(var x : TOrdinal);
  b : procedure(var x : integer);

begin
  a := @inc;
  b := @dec;

end.
-----------

I simplified the original code of mine to this specific example to make it
more clear.

At variable a, I get the following error
Error: Identifier not found "TOrdinal"

And on both of them I get:
Fatal: Syntax error, "(" expected but ";" found

This does not happen on my own procedures, or other procedures at all that
I have tried.
Why doesn't the compiler like the above code ?
What is the difference between that and other procedures ?
And beside inline wrapper, is there a way to do this like so ?

Thanks,
Ido