[fpc-pascal] Re: Help!!

Andreas Schneider aksdb at gmx.de
Tue Jan 17 11:23:25 CET 2012

On Sunday, January 15, 2012, at 15:04 Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 05:58:21 -0800 (PST)
> Malvin <malvinvnv at gmail.com> wrote:

>> So far i've managed to do the program quite well, and I was wondering, can
>> i close the main form (form1) whils opening form2 and not closing the app?
>> Is there any way that I can do it?

> If you mean LCL forms: The MainForm can not be closed, but you can hide
> it.

But  you can trick the LCL into changing what Form is considered to be
the MainForm.

Btw.  is  there any chance for having an official way to do this? i.e.
making  TApplication.MainForm  a  writable  property? (I ask this here
instead  of  opening  a ticket because I suspect there's a good reason
why this isn't available yet, which you will tell me now. :-))

--
Best Regards,
Andreas