[fpc-pascal] installing FPC 2.6.0 on OS/2

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Sun Jan 15 23:17:43 CET 2012

On 15 Jan 12, at 13:31, waldo kitty wrote:
> On 1/14/2012 16:49, Tomas Hajny wrote:
 .
 .
> > Any difference between link.res file created in the two cases?
>
> yes...
>
> the first thing i note is the fp link.res includes the .\ directory and the fpc
> one does not... indicated with a 1 below...

I don't know why they are different, but this probably shouldn't be a
problem.

> the second thing i note is the fp link.res messes up the directory we're working
> in for the program.o file being compiled whereas the fpc one doesn't say the
> directory but only the program.o... indicated with a 2 below...
 .
 .
> 2 h:\fpc\projects\satellite\h:\fpc\projects\satellite\satsort.o
 .
 .

This obviously is the problem - the linker cannot find the object
file this way. :-((( I can reproduce it, but finding time for
debugging it and fixing it will probably take some time (mostly due
to time constraints on my side :-( ). Fortunately, the workaround of
using the command line compiler works well so this shouldn't be a
show-stopper (although it certainly isn't pleasant :-( ).

Thanks for letting me know about it. I suggest that you file a
standard bug report (not that I expect anyone else to fix it if the
problem is restricted to the OS/2 version, but it becomes visible for
other users who may come across the problem too this way at least).

Tomas