[fpc-pascal] installing FPC 2.6.0 on OS/2

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri Jan 13 11:27:44 CET 2012

i've a problem with os2260full... i bit the bullet and wiped my old os2 2.4.0(??
or 2.4.2???) install... now none of my projects compile... they complain about
"Error: Can't call the assembler, error -1 switching to external assembling"...

in downloaded os2260full.zip, transferred it to the os/2 box, unzipped it into a
/tmp directory and then ran the install tool... after an hour or so, i came back
and it was complete... then i tried to compile one of my projects and ran into
the above error...

HELP!!