[fpc-pascal] sorting and merging array of records

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri Jan 13 03:14:50 CET 2012

On 1/12/2012 17:49, Tomas Hajny wrote:
> On 12 Jan 12, at 14:11, waldo kitty wrote:
>   .
>   .
>> that's pretty close to what i did (see above) :lol: i might be able to tighten
>> mine up a bit instead of doing the .done and then a dispose... or does that matter?
>
> I believe that there isn't a difference from a technical point of
> view in this case (except for the fact that decoupling the destructor
> from the deallocation may be a bit dangerous if you forget about it
> later a try to do something with the object in between).

i'm not quite sure i understand... i kinda konw what you are speaking of,
though, because the HINTs and such (i don't know which since i just enabled
them) tell me something about a plain "pointer being disposed makes no sense" or
some such... when i put the dispose lines back, these reports were emitted by
the compiler but heaptrc didn't bitch any more... removing the dispose lines to
make the compiler made heaptrc whine and cry...

also, i've a problem with os2260full that i'll be changing the subject of this
thread for or starting another thread... yes, i bit the bullet and wiped my old
os2 2.4.0(?? or 2.4.2???) install and none of my previous projects compile...
they complain about "Error: Can't call the assembler, error -1 switching to
external assembling"... :/

i've manually removed all the .o and .ppu files that i may have inadvertently
transferred when i scp'd everything over to my os2 box but no joy :/