[fpc-pascal] sorting and merging array of records

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Tue Jan 10 23:19:32 CET 2012

On 10 Jan 12, at 16:02, waldo kitty wrote:
 .
 .
> something else i need to make sure of is that this will compile on my OS/2 FPC
> 2.4.2 since that is the environment it will be under when it goes production...
> unless, of course, there's a shiney new 0s2260full.zip file for me to play with ;)

...which there is, of course... ;-) (equally to os2244full.zip which
you apparently skipped for some reason).

> a second reason is i don't do the svn thing on the OS/2 box and so have to rely
> on an install package for that OS... the last time i did this, i unzipped
> os2242full.zip to /fpc and went from there... i recall having to manually
> configure a lot of stuff, though... include paths and the like... i still don't
> have the help working properly in any environment which greatly hampers things :/

You should consider using the provided installer instead of just
manually unpacking the file. Not that it updates the paths for you
(but that shouldn't be necessary if you let the installer to update
your previous installation in the same directory) but it configures
the IDE to use the supplied docs at least (note that the creation of
the help index from the supplied HTML docs takes quite some time
though).

BTW, the supplied HTML docs cannot be used if installing onto FAT
with OS/2 due to the 8.3 restrictions (not that I'd expect you to use
FAT with your OS/2 unless having very good reasons, just for
completeness sake ;-) ).

Tomas