[fpc-pascal] sorting and merging array of records

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Jan 10 18:26:59 CET 2012

On 1/10/2012 03:38, Tomas Hajny wrote:
> On Tue, January 10, 2012 05:14, waldo kitty wrote:
>> uncle has been failing me for the last several hours and i'm loosing sight
>> of
>> what i'm trying to get done... i've seen references to using a
>> tstringlinst as
>> well as something apparently non-existent called a tarray... in all of the
>> stuff
>> i've seen on tstringlinst, there's nothing that i find that is close to
>> what i'm
>> (thinking i'm) looking for... and here's where i keep getting diverted
>> away from
>> the final goal due to trying to follow everything else :/
>
> I've tried something similar recently. After trying to figure out how to
> use the classes included with FPC and build something on top of them, I
> resorted to using the old TP/BP compatible object model with
> TSortedCollection (as provided in unit objects).

yes, i believe i have some hard (l)earned TP code with that... i just hunted it
up and it appears that i built my own objects with TSortedCollection... i've got
to try to go back over it and see if i can figure it out... it does a lot of
digging message bases to assemble linkage paths for the messages' distribution...

i'm also going to take a look at what sven barth has offered... i might be able
to knock this out in another few hours IF i can use the specialize thing he
pointed me to...

thanks to both you and he for your responses ;)