[fpc-pascal] sorting and merging array of records

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Jan 10 18:15:58 CET 2012

On 1/10/2012 05:39, Sven Barth wrote:

> // somewhere else:
> aList.Sort(@SatDataCompare);
>
> What I wrote here might not be perfect, but it should give you a start.

thank you very much! it has definitely given me some ideas... one thing that
concerns me, though, is that i'm using FPC 2.4.5 console mode... this fgl unit
is available in this FPC for this line?

 > type
 > TSatDataList = specialize TFPGList<three_line_data>;

the other thing i'm trying to figure out is if i can easily and speedily pull
portions of the satdata fields for the sort and duplicate functions... i'm
thinking that it would be faster to expand the record into each of its actual
fields and fill them during import... i think i'd rather copy(x,y,z) to
individual record field during import rather than pulling the needed fields
during the sorting and merging phases...

and one more trip through the raft of data can adjust the social name for the
satellite :)

i'm trying to figure out how to also work out a method of deleting TLEs of birds
who are down... another list to process and walk through :P

thanks again for the info!