[fpc-pascal] FPCUnit without Lazarus

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 8 13:35:49 CET 2012

On 08.01.2012 13:06, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> Am Sunday 08 January 2012 02:17:29 schrieb Luciano de Souza:
>> I have downloaded a Lazarus deb package compatible with FPC 2.4.4. I try
>> to install with: "sudo dpkg -i *". It fails, so: "sudo apt-get install -f".

> This was already some time discussed here and in my opinion this is the
> bottleneck of working with freepascal on linux.

This is why I don't use the packages provided by my distribution (though
I just noticed that ArchLinux already provides 2.6.0 :) ), but install
them manually either by the *.tar installer provided with each release
or through "make install" if I'm working with a dev version. And I also
have a nice system to switch between versions easily ;)

Regards,
Sven