[fpc-pascal] Re: using exceptions

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 13:56:22 CET 2012

On 04/01/2012 12:47, Marcos Douglas wrote:

[i see I hit on the obvious so: cut]

> I agree with you! But I was discussing the possibility do not using
> Exceptions. ;-) Another point is when and where uses Exceptions...
> that's what they were discussing.
>
> Marcos Douglas

Well I think there is this choice:
- either do use exceptions and exception handling, thinking of it
as your way of /optionally/ implicitly returning error code from
inside a routine, i.e. your 'way to return another value from function'

- or (if possible by compiler switches) disable exception handling code
and handle all exceptions by hand. Or just don't use it, so it can be
optimized out. Implies that you have to be prepared for every corner case
in your error-paths as well.

As far as I see there is no third way. Or is there? :)

L.