[fpc-pascal] -OoASMCSE

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 2 18:44:07 CET 2012

2012/1/2 Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>:

> At first sight, one important thing you forgot is that a single memory location can be aliased by multiple pointers. Simply checking whether the base register and offsets match is not enough

I have not yet found out how to accomplish this. Wouldn't I need to
also know which values the registers would contain at runtime to make
this fool-proof? Is this even possible?

To minimized this danger i only considered mov reg, [ofs+reg] (and
nothing else and nothing with index register) and I also compare only
the offsets and everything with the same offset is immediately
considered "suspicious" (and therefore invalidated), no matter which
base register is used.

(I haven't yet understood the original asmcse implementation, not even
partially, it looks incredibly complicated to me, it will immediately
induce a coma-like trance whenever I try to read through it)