[fpc-pascal] Basically on the right track?

Patrick patrick at spellingbeewinnars.org
Fri Dec 28 05:47:00 CET 2012

Sorry to bug everyone again. I am still mixed up. I was having trouble
with both source compiled builds and Debian stable packages on a 64 bit
machine so I switched computers and used an atom based netbook. I still
ended up with errors related to number types. I switched back to the 64
bit computer and installed a binary from the site. I am still getting
errors I have included one at the end of this email.

I am also finding the site confusing. If I click on AMD64/x86_64  on the
binary download page and then choose  sourceforge, I end up being
offered a package that says fpc-2.6.0.i386-linux.tar.

I did find another link and installed the compiler.

I appreciate all the time everyone has already put in-Patrick

Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.0 [2011/12/23] for x86_64
Copyright (c) 1993-2011 by Florian Klaempfl and others
Target OS: Linux for x86-64
Compiling helloworld.pas
helloworld.pas(28,11) Error: Incompatible types: got "Boolean32"
expected "LongInt"
helloworld.pas(97) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Error: /usr/bin/ppcx64 returned an error exitcode (normal if you did not
specify a source file to be compiled)