[fpc-pascal] Codetools and C-style constructs

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:19:31 CET 2012

Am 18.12.2012 23:56, schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 21:13:22 +0000
> Howard Page-Clark <hdpc at talktalk.net> wrote:
>
>> Looking through some of the codetools sources makes me wonder if the
>> codetools overlooks some C-style FPC operators.
>>
>> KeywordFuncLists.pas, for instance, seems not to know about >>, <<,
> I added the << and >>.
> The others are assignment operators. AFAIK they can not be overloaded.
Note: "<<" and ">>" are handled by FPC's scanner, so they are exactly
the same as "shl" and "shr"

The others can be overloaded insofar that the baseoperator is used as
the C-style assignment operators are simply expanded by the parser (e.g.
a += b becomes a := a + b and thus the "+" operator applies)

Regards,
Sven