[fpc-pascal] GetTableNames in TSQLConnection / Postgresql

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Mon Dec 17 14:27:50 CET 2012

>> The question is also why return SCHEMA_NAME || '.' || TABLE_NAME when
>> this is not always usable in a query later on ? One DB needs
>> "SCHEMA_NAME"."TABLE_NAME", another `SCHEMA_NAME`.`TABLE_NAME`.
>> An additional option soQuoteNames?
>
> Well, if you don't need the concatenation, presumably you don't need
> the quotes :-)
>
> I thought the schema query is connection dependent ?
>
> In that case, there is no need for this option, as the connection will
> apply
> the quotes as needed ?

I'm not talking about the query to get the schema/table names but the
result from GetTableNames. For those that want the schema information
(reason for the soPrependSchemaName option) and want to write a query
using a string from the result from GetTableNames are in for some
parsing to quote the different parts. Reason why I suggested an
additional option to quote the result from GetTableNames so that that
can be handled by the connection.

Ludo