[fpc-pascal] GetTableNames in TSQLConnection / Postgresql

John jszcmpr at netspace.net.au
Sun Dec 16 14:30:46 CET 2012

On 12/16/2012 07:08 PM, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> I've incorporated some of Lacak's proposal into
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Database_metadata#Proposal_for_extension.2Funiformization
> ... and will update that page going through that thread. If anybody
> gets to it earlier, please feel free to update the page ;)
Which ignores the question I asked previously as to how you separate the
system tables from the user tables ...

But I think I understand our different views a bit better now - you are
looking at this from the point of view of simply getting the SQL and
running it in a separate query ? Is this so ? Whereas I was specifically
wanting to fix the TSQLConnection.GetTableNames. GetTableNames in its
current form cannot benefit from adding the schema column into the query
(or rather, getting it to work) as it only uses data from one column.

Anyway, it sounds like for now at least I had better just go down the
path of deriving my own  tPQConnection descendant.

cheers,
John Sunderland