[fpc-pascal] Editing resource of executable

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 21:50:21 CEST 2012

El 31/08/2012 17:48, waldo kitty escribió:

> i think i know what you are asking for and my thought actually matches
> what mark loyd seemed to be saying... with that in mind, i remember
> reading about some sort of resource editor to allow editing of resources
> in a binary... it was posted in this area back in jan 2012... i don't
> know if this is what you are looking for but here's what i found...

Hello,

If you need to access dynamic data in a single file, maybe my code may
help you. Basically it is a filesystem that can be embedded in a single
file, so you can create, delete, open, read, write and seek any
individual file inside. The "problem" is that in write mode only a test
filesystem (not very usefull), Excel filesystem and ZIP filesystem are
supported. The ZIP one is cool but to rebuild the final ZIP once updated
it could need some temp files as it can not be edited in place. Maybe
the BCF (Binary Coumpound File, the one that Excel uses) is a good
choice as it has quite small initial tables (like a format) and grow as
more data is being added.

The virtual filesystem can be mounted over an encrypted TFileStream
derivate to allow transparent encryption of the whole virtual
filesystem. It can read also raw images in FAT16 and FAT32 but can not
write them.