[fpc-pascal] Re: Delphi's anonymous functions in Free Pascal

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 30 19:20:08 CEST 2012

On 30.08.2012 11:03, Arioch wrote:
> But afterall i am quitting on that. Since FPC are lacking closures i am sure
> here are mostly people who personally dislike them. I wanted to document why
> closures are good and do matter. Hopefully i did it to the extent i was able
> to. Surely i would not be able to convince you infinite time. So the rest of
> arguments would be questions of personal tastes and it would bring nothing
> but flamewar.

The closures (or anonymous functions as they are called in Delphi) are
missing, because none of the developers has them on the important slots
of the todo lists. So as long as nobody comes and implements them then
they are not going to be implemented (at least in the near future). One
member of the community stepped up some months ago to implement them (he
even has a branch in SVN), but he didn't go far. I don't know whether it
was his motivation or his time or his knowledge that left him...

Regards,
Sven