[fpc-pascal] Unit testing aid...

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Aug 22 19:08:44 CEST 2012

Hi,

for those that do unit testing, I committed a small tool "pas2ut" which
analyses a unit, and creates a unit with a number of (empty) test cases.
Obviously, the unit should be compileable (well, at least it must be
parseable).

The output is very configurable, and should cover a lot of cases that one is
likely to encounter when doing unit tests.

In particular, it handles creates tests for all members of the  classes it
finds in the unit (visibilities can be specified).

The basis for this tool is in the fcl-passrc unit pastounittest unit.

I would appreaciate feedback and suggestions.

(For one, integration with the Lazarus IDE is on my list)

Michael.