[fpc-pascal] Re: DOSbox issues

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 08:08:26 CEST 2012

On 19-8-2012 22:07, Guillermo Martínez Jiménez wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Has somebody used Free Pascal 2.6 in DOSbox?
>
> I'm having problems with the installer (text looks corrupted and it
> doesn't install) but I don't know if it's an issue in all DOSbox or
> it's because I'm using it in a 64bit Linux (Xubuntu 12.04).
>
> Greetings,
> Guillermo "Ñuño" Martínez

Haven't tried running FPC in dosbox.
As dosbox is aimed at supporting DOS games (and certain applications),
their emulation may not be good enough for FPC.

If I wanted to test FPC for DOS, I'd probably use a FreeDOS virtual machine.

I don't know if there is a DOS crosscompiler for Linux like there is a
Win32 crosscompiler, perhaps that could be useful as well too.

Just for interest: are you trying out FPC for DOS for fun or do you need
to create/support DOS (not Windows) programs?

Thanks,
Reinier