[fpc-pascal] Re: linux: shouldwehard-codeversionedorunversionedshared libraries in our apps?

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Fri Aug 17 07:50:01 CEST 2012

> My plan (for linux) was:
> Search fbclient.so search fbclient.so.2 (2.x series of firebird)
> search fbclient.so.1 (1.x series of Firebird) if the library name has
> not been specified.
So in near future we will add also fbclient.so.3 (for incomming Firebird
3) ?

BTW: packages/ibase is intended to be translation of Firebird client API
not Interbase, right ?
(because I expect, that current Firebird API diverges from current
Interbase API)

At least Firebird3 introduces BOOLEAN datatype, which will require
update ibase60.inc when we will support them.
(so name "ibase" which evokes Interbase will be no more "precise")

-Laco.