[fpc-pascal] Re: Get all caller adresses of a given function/procedure before executing

Jorge Aldo G. de F. Junior jagfj80 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:24:01 CEST 2012

If passrc changes, so can ABI and whatever else method you use change too...

If i was going to start a project now with multilanguage suport i
would search for a existing solution or start a new project based on
passrc.

I dont see how can searching for strings be so hard, you dont even
need a full fledged parser to do that... having passrc is handy
because its something standard and already done.

I believe such a tool written using passrc would limit itself to parse
each source file, put each string found into a global string list and
replace string instances with a call to a global function like
GetMyString() with the string entry numer as parameter...

I would even export such strings to an external file to allow fast,
on-the-fly, language selection...

IIRC this is called string pool.

but thats my two cents...