[fpc-pascal] Re: Get all caller adresses of a given function/procedure before executing

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Aug 14 03:28:26 CEST 2012

On 8/13/2012 05:09, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> Am Monday 13 August 2012 10:35:55 schrieb Lukasz Sokol:
[TRIM]
>> You were saying, that you want to know, which string has not been
>> used / which string has been used and how many times ?
>
> I want to knof if the string was called the first time.
> But since I also get the pchar information of the textsnippets from the
> programmemory I can translate (make a list or whatever in the future) all
> snippets before they were called.

i've been following this whole thread with interest... one thing that i'm still
not clear about, though, is why is this important? is it to see what areas of
the program are actually used or something else? in my mind, a multi-language
tool will have all strings translated into the supported languages... if there
are some that are ambiguous or used in a different way, then they would get
broken down further for proper language constructs... while i have numerous
tools and utils out in the wild being used on a daily bases, none of them are
multi-language but i do look forward to the day when i can produce such with
minimal effort in coding... i have to leave it to others to do the actual
translations, though...