[fpc-pascal] Error in my mind or typo in sqldbtoolsunit.pas?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 13:02:19 CEST 2012

Hi list,

I'm working on improving bufdataset testing in the dbtestframework,
documenting the framework a bit more. (Attached FYI my current version
of the readme; comments welcome as always).

I found this in sqldbtoolsunit.pas:
destructor TSQLDBConnector.Destroy;
  if assigned(FTransaction) then
    begin
    try
      if Ftransaction.Active then Ftransaction.Rollback;
      Ftransaction.StartTransaction;
      Fconnection.ExecuteDirect('DROP TABLE FPDEV2');
      Ftransaction.Commit;
    Except
      if Ftransaction.Active then Ftransaction.Rollback
    end; // try
    end;

... however, I don't see any corresponding CREATE TABLE FPDEV2 in the
rest of the code or any mention of it?

In the rest of the code, it seems the tables FPDEV and FPDEV_FIELDS are
correctly
CREATEd in CreateNDatasets/CreateFieldDataset
and
DROPped in DropNDatasets/DropFieldDataset

That FPDEV2 code seems like some last-ditch recovery effort to delete
the generated tables... couldn't that be replaced by:
destructor TSQLDBConnector.Destroy;
  if assigned(FTransaction) then
    begin
    try
      if Ftransaction.Active then Ftransaction.Rollback;
      Ftransaction.StartTransaction;
      Fconnection.ExecuteDirect('DROP TABLE FPDEV');
      Ftransaction.Commit;
      Ftransaction.StartTransaction;
      Fconnection.ExecuteDirect('DROP TABLE FPDEV_FIELDS');
      Ftransaction.Commit;
    Except
      if Ftransaction.Active then Ftransaction.Rollback
    end; // try
    end;

Thanks,
Reinier