[fpc-pascal] Re: Program without window but messages

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Wed Apr 25 17:49:03 CEST 2012

leledumbo schrieb:
 > You need to call Application.Initialize prior to anything if you want
to use
 > LCL features (including its dialogs).

Is "ShowMessage" part of the LCL? I thought that it comes with Free
Pascal directly
because the wiki
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Dialog_Examples/de#ShowMessage , which
explains this message, is located on wiki.freepascal.org.
But if it's realy from the LCL then it makes sense that I cannot use
this function without a form.
Still very missleading to explain LCL functions under a Free Pascal web
site.
How should someone know where these functions come from?