[fpc-pascal] Hints on getting FPDocs to work on Linux

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 23:49:15 CEST 2011

On 18-9-2011 23:27, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 18/09/2011, Reinier Olislagers  wrote:
>
>I never install binary releases of the various distro packages - they
>are always out of date.

LazUpdater ftw ;) (When I have it working on Linux)

>> Your post did remind me to check whether git is installed though, thanks ;)
>
> Did I mention SVN and Git come standard with Slackware too. :-)
Could have guessed though ;)

Still, it comes down to what one is most comfortable with.
And if you want to, you can use a preseed file (IIRC) that customises
your Debian install, similar to RedHat kickstart. Used it once to
generate a working, configured VPN server from an ISO.
... leaving out other methods like puppet, FAI etc, but I've never used
these in anger yet.

>> Personally, I'd rather see some more content in the help files than yet
>> another way of generating the stuff,
>
> That's the problem for the documentation writers, not for the
> documentation tools.
True, if you want to divide people into categories ;)

> On the topic, I can add that the FPC docs are
> very good. It's class documentation from other frameworks that are
> lacking.
Yep, such as a certain well-known Delphi clone...

See you,
Reinier