[fpc-pascal] Re: Delphi's anonymous functions in Free Pascal

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Fri Oct 21 07:25:26 CEST 2011

Florian Klämpfl schrieb:
 > If anybody does not see why increasing complexity without a good reason
 > should be avoided, I recommend:

I agree wholeheartly. In the past Pascal was a simple still powerfull
language but meanwhile it has become a catchment tank for all features
of all other languages. This defeats the original intention of Nicholas
Wirth and the reason for what I love(d) the language. It seems everybody
tries to mimic Pascal into whatever he is used to do in other languages.
So we should no longer call this (Object) Pascal but "Chimera".