[fpc-pascal] 3-tier database applications with FPC

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 14:14:28 CEST 2011

On 2011-10-19 13:34, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
> factor 6 when switching from XML to binary messaging. Not using HTTP but a
> self-made TCP/IP protocol gets you another factor.

Are both the binary message format and self-made TCP/IP protocol
publicly available? Maybe that might be worth implementing in tiOPF too,
as an optional setting to improve the remote persistence layer performance.

> Yes it is.
> It's much less verbose also, which means the transported packets
> are much smaller.

Excellent, I'll try and add JSON support to tiOPF too. A quick look on
the web at the JSON syntax, it does indeed looks much more human
readable and "simpler" than XML. I'm not a big fan of XML at all.

> If you do, then I'd be very interested in hearing about your progress.

I'll keep you informed. I'll probably start on this early next week.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/