[fpc-pascal] Delphi's anonymous functions in Free Pascal

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:55:11 CEST 2011

Am 17.10.2011 22:53, schrieb Andrew Pennebaker:
> Does Free Pascal have anonymous functions that you can pass around, e.g.
> to a sort(compare : function, arr : array) function?
>
> If not, does anyone know any hacks to accomplish this?

No, FPC does not support this currently and I know no one who plans to
support it in the near future.

A similiar feature available in the upcoming 2.6 and in trunk are
"nested function references". I wrote about that some days ago in this
mail: http://www.hu.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-pascal/2011-October/030460.html

Regards,
Sven