[fpc-pascal] freetype unit + unicode

David Emerson dle3ab at angelbase.com
Thu Oct 6 04:02:19 CEST 2011

On Tue 4 Oct 2011, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
> If you need some UTF8 extensions to the freetype unit, feel free to make
> some suggestions, and we'll see what we can do.
>
> When the unit was made, unicode support was a thing of the distant future.
> (a future which of course crept up on us faster than we imagined)

attached is a patch, which (if applied correctly...) seems to work, yay! Here is
a picture:
http://david9.freepgs.com/i/spline-unicode-text.png

I copied a few UTF8 string functions from the LCLProc unit, so that is kind of
sloppy but there it is. I'm not sure if analogs exist within fpc.

Surprisingly little needed to be changed!