[fpc-pascal] FPC 2.4.2 source

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Sun May 22 20:09:01 CEST 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 13:44, Bernd Kreuss wrote:
> On 21.05.2011 12:59, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>
>> They don't want to force everyone to install firebird, mysql,
>> postgresql, ptcgraph, gtk, gtk2, qt and every other single thing for
>> which FPC has bindings.
>
> "force" is the keyword here. The entire following rant refers to only
> this one word:
>
> Its not their [Debian] business to find non-solutions for these
> non-problems, I would just ignore this.
 .
 .

I won't argue to your statements (which are already properly covered by
others, e.g. the response from Jonas above) and I'll simply stick to your
proposed keyword. Who forces you to use Debian packages (which are
obviously compiled according to rules defined by Debian) instead of using
a big .tar.gz or some other solution? Who forces you to use Debian (or
Debian based) distribution at all even (there are other distributions with
slightly different rules)? If you want to focus existing problems (which
had been the original topic of this thread) then let's discuss concrete
issues (i.e. what does not work, why and how to improve the situation for
the future). If you want to discuss philosophical points regarding
packaging rules of various Linux distributions, I suggest moving to
fpc-other.

Tomas