[fpc-pascal] FPC 2.4.2 source

Juha (gmail) juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 12:50:39 CEST 2011

Jonas Maebe kirjoitti tiistai, 10. toukokuuta 2011 01:16:38:
> On 10 May 2011, at 00:14, Juha (gmail) wrote:
> > Maybe I am stupid but I don't know how to download FPC 2.4.2 sources,
> > without using SVN repository.
>
> http://www.freepascal.org/download.var -> Source (under the links to the
> Binaries)

I am trying to load the source on Windows under a VM.

I open http://www.freepascal.org/download.var
-> Source ... it opens:
http://www.freepascal.org/down/source/sources.var
-> SourceForge link ... there Win32 which seems to be the most popular one.
Select 2.4.2 -> download fpc-2.4.2.i386-win32.exe

I run the installer. Location = C:\FPC\2.4.2.
First time I used the "Full installation" but now I select "Custom
installation". All checkboxes are checked but there is NO source.
I don't see the sources in file system either.

I have recommended to some poeople to install FPC release version and then
compile Lazarus trunk from source.
In practice the FPC sources are needed for Lazarus.
I can imagine how frustrated those people are now.

I noticed there is a new 2.4.4 version available. I will try that also.

Juha