[fpc-pascal] PowerPC Linux and endian modes

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Fri May 20 00:39:12 CEST 2011

Greetings!

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC#Endian_modes) states:

"Most PowerPC chips switch endianness via a bit in the MSR (Machine
State Register), with a second bit provided to allow the OS to run
with a different endianness."

So the way I am understanding this is that the PPC architecture is
capable of running in little-endian mode depending on a register flag
that can be set. And that's about the end of my knowledge on the
subject.

My question is this: does anyone have any experience with running PPC
in little endian mode? And would FPC-compiled programs (specifically
I'm cross compiling to powerpc-linux from x86_64-linux) targeted at
PPC work in a little endian mode setup?

Thanks,

-SG

--
This email is fiction. Any resemblance to actual events
or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Seth Grover