[fpc-pascal] Re: URIParser

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Wed May 18 16:32:42 CEST 2011

Problem is that the RFC definition for the URI doesn't specify the
individual protocol scheme. So every protocol can specify it's own stuff.

Take the general sip URI:
sip:user:password at host:port;uri-parameters?headers. User can be a telephone
number with folowing definition: global-phone-number   = "+"
base-phone-number [isdn-subaddress]
                        [post-dial] *(area-specifier /
                        service-provider / future-extension)
Or
local-phone-number    = 1*(phonedigit / dtmf-digit /
                        pause-character) [isdn-subaddress]
                        [post-dial] area-specifier
                        *(area-specifier / service-provider /
                        future-extension)
This definitely will require custom processing.
Also both uri-parameters and headers are name=value pairs. The first are
separated by ";" and the second by "&"...

I'm afraid a universal URI decoder isn't possible.

Ludo