[fpc-pascal] Minimal Sylpheed plugin in FreePascal

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue May 17 21:39:59 CEST 2011

On 17 May 2011, at 21:35, Anton Shepelev wrote:

> I have tried to create a Windows plugin dll for the Sylpheed
> e-mail client in FreePascal but couldn't get past a  strange
> side  effect: the mere fact of the plugin being loaded makes
> GTK's window-showing functions crash the whole program.

One likely potential cause is the fact that released FPC versions enable all floating point exceptions. Since libc does not do that, many C programs and frameworks contain invalid floating point operations.

You can try adding the following to your dll:

uses
 math;

initialization
 SetExceptionMask([exInvalidOp, exDenormalized, exZeroDivide, exOverflow, exUnderflow, exPrecision])
end.

Of course, this means that you won't get such exceptions in Pascal code either anymore.