[fpc-pascal] Designing socket agnostic library

ik idokan at gmail.com
Tue May 10 00:29:46 CEST 2011

Hello,

This question is a bit off topic, but not completely.
I decided to create my own SIP (and other VoIP) library that is open source
(Dual license of both Mozilla and GPL).
I want that the only thing that the library will do is to have
implementation of the VoIP protocols such as SIP, RTP etc..
Another reason is that I do not want to create yet another socket library or
a voice/image library,
only to work on the protocols themselves allowing everyone to choose their
own preferred library to the other tasks.
That way it will be real cross platform library that can be used everywhere
that FPC can be used.

Now the question is how can I create an agnostic API without create a socket
like library skeleton that I'll use in my code, like I
started<https://github.com/ik5/fpVoIP/blob/master/src/lib/sockets/fpsocket_api.pas>to
do already ?

Thanks,
Ido

LINESIP - Opening the source for communication
http://www.linesip.com
http://www.linesip.co.il