[fpc-pascal] FPC & fpGUI runs happily under OpenSolaris 2010.03

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 13:05:50 CEST 2011

On 29 July 2011 10:38, Martin Schreiber wrote:
>> the TfpgTextEdit component. I've never written an editor with syntax
>> highlighting before, it's a nice challenge.
>
> It is rather a nightmare if you ask me...

Definitely. There are so many things one takes for granted in a
programming editor. A lot more work than I expected. [then again, what
isn't]

Also, disabling the syntax highlighting gives my editor component
decent performance. Add it back in, and my editor comes to a crawl!
:-( I'm trying to use regex [another think I'm trying to learn] for
the syntax highlighting, so I could maybe import gEdit or Midnight
Commander's syntax definitions. But I still have lots of work ahead.

  - Graeme -