[fpc-pascal] XML-XSD export: importer & how to test

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:46:41 CEST 2011

On 29-7-2011 10:32, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Reinier Olislagers
> <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 5. I briefly thought about including OpenOffice Calc (ODT) format
>> exporting but that seems a bit overkill as there already is a CSV export
>> format. Any thoughts on new formats - apart from Atom ;) ?
>
> That would be export from Dataset to ODS?
Yes, sorry for the typo.

> Why not simply implement a importer from Dataset for FPSpreadsheet
> instead of creating a new library to handle ODS?

Very good idea; I'm not going to do it though - when csv works good
enough [1], that works for me...

[1]: hint: who will look at issue 0019759: [Patch] CSV export doesn't
quote memo fields?
Actually, seems that the fcl-db CSV export module uses its own
implementation of CSV (writing) while we already have SDFDataset...