[fpc-pascal] FPC & fpGUI runs happily under OpenSolaris 2010.03

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 08:42:08 CEST 2011

On 29 July 2011 06:22, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> It seems there is a first MSEide clone in the works. ;-)

What can I say, you have some really good ideas. :-)

Reality is that I doubt it will ever become a full blown IDE - I just
don't have the time for that. My goal with it at this time is simply
to create a bigger "real-world" application to demo some more advanced
features of fpGUI, and serve as a playground for some other
programming ideas of mine. At the moment I'm using it to help develop
the TfpgTextEdit component. I've never written an editor with syntax
highlighting before, it's a nice challenge. Also, all my day-time work
is proprietary and closed-source, so I can't share any of those.

PS:
I'm using MSEide more and more. Probably 60% of my development work is
now done using MSEide. I really like the fact that it compiles so
easily, is extremely fast, code template implementation is brilliant,
and your Project Options dialog is very well thought out. MSEide is a
refreshing change from the Delphi-like IDE's.

  - Graeme -