[fpc-pascal] XML-XSD export: importer & how to test

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Fri Jul 29 10:44:02 CEST 2011

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Reinier Olislagers
> <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 5. I briefly thought about including OpenOffice Calc (ODT) format
>> exporting but that seems a bit overkill as there already is a CSV export
>> format. Any thoughts on new formats - apart from Atom ;) ?
>
> That would be export from Dataset to ODS?
>
> Why not simply implement a importer from Dataset for FPSpreadsheet
> instead of creating a new library to handle ODS?

Because depending on a full-fledged spreadsheet technology for exporting data is
overkill.

The idea of the export routines is to be able to export data without too
much dependencies.

Which does not mean that the opposite direction (importing data from a
dataset into a spreadsheet) is not useful in it's own right, far from it.

Michael.