[fpc-pascal] XML-XSD export: importer & how to test

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 19:30:43 CEST 2011

On 28-7-2011 18:02, Ludo Brands wrote:
>> 3. Regarding the tests: I thought about better ways of
>> testing the exports. The only fairly easy way I see is
>> testing with more databases (such as mysql which you were
>> doing), maybe by adapting the existing fcl-db test framework.
>> Haven't ever run that though, but I can learn ;)
>>
> I used mysql because I have some testtables in mysql that contain almost all
> mysql types which I used in another project. Downside is that you test as
> well the sqldb mysql implementation as the export. IMHO building testcases
> with MemDataset using the different built-in datatypes and border-line
> values (limit values for integers, special characters in strings, etc.) is
> going to be a cleaner solution. Will make regression testion also easier.
Agreed, but you cannot every kind of data type, for that you will
probably need the various databases... and hopefully a continuous
integration server to run the tests...

But yes, you're then testing the fcl-db drivers/framework as much as the
export functionality. Not a completely bad thing.

Whenever you have time, could you send me a dump of the table definition
with or without data? That would save me doing that...

Reinier