[fpc-pascal] Patch: new XML export for FCL-DB readyforinclusion, issue 19790 - includes Delphi Clientdataset

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Jul 28 10:51:35 CEST 2011

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011, Ludo Brands wrote:

>>> Debugged xmlwrite.pp. In DelphiClientDataset, values are
>> sent out as
>>> attributes of ROW. Line 133 in xmlwrite.pp specifies special
>>> characters for attributes as AttrSpecialChars = ['<', '"', '&', #9,
>>> #10, #13]; It doesn't include '>'. Is delphi violating the
>> rules or is
>>> xmlwrite.pp too conservative, I don't know. Adding '>' to
>>> AttrSpecialChars seems to be a save solution. Another issue in
>>> bugtracker?
>>
>> Yes, and please assign it to sergei gorelkin.
>>

> Do you have any indication if it is actually a bug to not consider '>' as a
> special character? I googled a bit but only found contradicting info.
> Question of correctly tagging it as feature request or bug.
> Didn't know a "reporter" could assign issues to somebody.

The XML rereference does not list > as an allowed character for attribute values.

It also says

The right angle bracket (>) may be represented using the string " > ", and MUST, for
compatibility, be escaped using either " > " or a character reference when it appears
in the string " ]]> " in content, when that string is not marking the end of a CDATA section.

So replacing > with > seems like the correct thing to do.

Michael.