[fpc-pascal] Patch: new XML export for FCL-DB ready forinclusion, issue 19790 - includes Delphi Clientdataset

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Thu Jul 28 10:03:51 CEST 2011

> > - when a string field contains the > character, the row is not
> > imported but the previous one is duplicated.
> Strange, shouldn't this be handled by the XML export code?

Debugged xmlwrite.pp. In DelphiClientDataset, values are sent out as
attributes of ROW. Line 133 in xmlwrite.pp specifies special characters for
attributes as AttrSpecialChars = ['<', '"', '&', #9, #10, #13];
It doesn't include '>'. Is delphi violating the rules or is xmlwrite.pp too
conservative, I don't know. Adding '>' to AttrSpecialChars seems to be a
save solution. Another issue in bugtracker?

Ludo