[fpc-pascal] Patch: new XML export for FCL-DB ready for inclusion, issue 19790

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Jul 27 14:05:33 CEST 2011

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Ludo Brands wrote:

>>> 2. Atom feeds as used by Google.
>>>
>>> Feel free to take a shot at it :-)
>> Do you mean the 0.3 format -
>>
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Atom_%28standard%29#Atom_0.3
>
> AFAIK data exports are all general purpose, ie they represent the data, and
> evenually their schema, as precise as possible without any knowledge of the
> contents. Atoms are specific and need understanding of the contents. Hence
> Reiniers remarks about mapping fields, etc. I understand the interest one
> can have being able to export this format but, IMHO, that doesn't belong in
> a data export library. Nice try though :-)

Data is just data to me, however it is represented :-)

For me, atom feeds are just an 'extra' simple XML mapping:
FieldName -> NodePath
Possibly with a grouping concept.

Still, I will need the Atom export, so eventually it will be made.

In fact, Inoussa Ouedraogo (hope I spelled that correct) made a complete SDO
implementation in FPC which should be powerful enough to able to handle this.

Michael.