[fpc-pascal] How to detect serial/usb-serial ports.

P. vanderWal p.wal1 at quicknet.nl
Wed Jul 27 10:22:54 CEST 2011

Hello,

In my program I need to present the user with a list of available serial and usb-serial ports on the system they are using.
How do I detect in my program these ports?.  (something like GetPortList() in Delphi-7???).

One port is used by a milling-machine to receive its position and speed commands, the other port is used by a controller for switching the machine automaticaly on/off
and start or end of the milling and measure and detect the roughness of the surface area of the material to be processed.

Thanks in advance,

grtjs Piet