[fpc-pascal] Re: Library for network calculation

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Jul 27 03:48:43 CEST 2011

On 7/26/2011 15:27, Jorge Aldo G. de F. Junior wrote:
> I dont like to take local variable initialization for granted.
>
> Even if the manual says that its guaranteed that a local variable will
> start with 0,
> i prefer to initialize everything to a known value myself.

+10000000000000000000~

this is a leson i learned way back in the TP2 days... i still use it in my TP/BP
6/7 code... either set it to zero or set it to nul(l)...

> An aditional
>
> Move $varaddress, 00
>
> at startup wont slow things down noticeably when your pc is running at 2ghz...

hummm... some of us still write for and work with >500Mhz machines... i still
find it hard to believe that the lazarus executable with debug code is 75Meg or
so... i've always prided myself on tight, fast, small code... maybe like turbo
power used to do but i've even tightened some of their code in the past but
that's another story for another place...